Thursday, August 04, 2005

Busy kind of day

Today is your basic busy day. Registration for school for the kids. Open house this afternoon. Admin Council tonight. Busy-ness. Which if you use normal spelling rules becomes business. I've been contemplating a lot of things recently. Gluttony is one of them. Gluttony is more than just food, I have come to realize. I wonder if gluttony is anytime we fill our lives up with stuff and activities so that we do not have to think about the voids we have inside. Being busy makes us think we are "accomplishing something" that gives our lives a sense of value -- and then we say that we value peace and quiet, contentment, stillness. Is that not a conundrum? It actually makes little to no sense.

I am becoming a fan of a regular schedule -- routine. Structure. When the kids are in school and I am not, I can easily structure in a space for contemplation. When there is no structure, I cannot seem to find that space or time. There is a sort of discipline to be found in a structured space for stillness.

I've blogged before about seasons of life, seasons of time in the year. I am entering into that season again where I can take that time to contemplate -- to reorder and restructure my house so that there is room. I'm looking forward to it.

What's new in your life?

No comments: