Tuesday, August 09, 2005

From Morning Prayer



Open my lips, O Lord,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence
and take not your holy Spirit from me.
Give me the joy of your saving help again
and sustain me with your bountiful Spirit.

Most merciful God,
We confess that we have sinned against you

in thought, word, and deed,
by what we have done,
and by what we have failed to do.
We have not loved you with our whole heart.
We have not loved our neighbors as ourselves.
We are truly sorry, and we humbly repent.
For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ,
have mercy on us and forgive us;
that we may delight in your will,
and walk in your ways,
to the glory of your Name.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day. Preserve us with your mighty power, so that we won’t fall into sin or be overcome by adversity. And in all we do, direct us so that we will do your will, so that when we end this day, we will rejoice in your providence and grace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.

No comments: