Monday, August 22, 2005

Morning Prayer

Lord, open our lips.
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever.

Alleluia. The Lord has shown forth his glory: Come let us adore him. Alleluia.

God, I am sick from my head to my foot this morning. Sick in the body, sick at heart. Hold me in the palm of your hand and grant me healing and peace. I pray for those around me who are sick at heart, for those dealing with depression, for those dealing with disappointment, for those dealing with death, for those dealing with heartbreak. Hold them in the palm of you hand and grant them peace. O God, you give strength to the weak and comfort those who suffer: Mercifully accept my prayers, and grant to me the help of your power, that this sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You, O LORD, are a shield about me;
you are my glory, the one who lifts up my head.
I call aloud upon the LORD,
and he answers me from his holy hill;
I lie down and go to sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

No comments: