Wednesday, August 17, 2005

reflections

I've been practicing morning prayer for a while. While the kids were home, there seemed to be no time and it was hard to do. Since they have been in school, I've made time. I've been posting them as a sort of accountability check. I receive few comments on the prayers. They do not flow freely from me. They seem laborious and hard to write every morning -- but not in a bad way. It's hard to be honest in prayer. There, I admit it. It's hard to be honest sometimes in prayer. I want to maintain the control -- I want to skitter around the things that bother me. I feel guilty when I don't do "all the things" you are supposed to do in prayer. ACTS -- adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication. I didn't do it all this morning. Each prayer seems to focus on my mood for the morning -- each one seems untimately selfish.

I think I'll stew on that for a while.

No comments: