Thursday, August 18, 2005

Morning Prayer



Wake my soul with all things living
thanks be giving to the Source of life and day
Sunlight comes and gone confusion,
night's illusion, like the starlight
fades away.


Lord of all life, wake me to all things living. Make me aware of the source of all life -- make me aware today of your Love and Providence. Blow away all confusion -- burn it away with your Light. Bless my efforts today of making clear you Word through my words. Focus my thoughts and efforts so that I can be fruitful today and not lost in my anxiety.

Lord of all life, I confess that I have sinned. I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myselves. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name.

O Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, have mercy on me.
O Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, have mercy on me.
O Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, have mercy on me and grant me your peace.

Direct me, O Lord, in all my doings today, my writing, my interactions with others, my manuel labor, direct me with your most gracious favor, and take me beyond myself with your continual help; that in all my works begun, continued, and ended in you, I may glorify your holy Name, and finally, by your mercy, obtain everlasting life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: