Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Morning Prayer

As the sun does daily rise,
Brightening all the morning skies,
So to You with one accord
Lift we up our hearts, O God.

Day by day provide us food,
For from You come all things good;
Strength unto our souls afford
From Your living bread, O God.


O LORD, I call to you;
my Rock, do not be deaf to my cry;
lest, if you do not hear me,
I become like those who go down to the Pit.
Hear the voice of my prayer when I cry out to you,
when I lift up my hands to your holy of holies.

Blessed is the LORD!
for he has heard the voice of my prayer.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I have been helped;
Therefore my heart dances for joy,
and in my song will I praise him.
The LORD is the strength of his people,
a safe refuge for his anointed.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
shepherd them and carry them for ever.

Lord, I'm really tired. I am weary. I'm not taking care of myself, and I know it. Watch over me today, renew me in body and spirit. Lord, you give strength to the weak and the comfort to sufferers. Hear my voice as I cry out to you and when I left up my hands to you. Please in your mercy, accept my prayer, and grant to your servant the help of your power, that this sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy. Thank you for the circumstances you have bestowed to me, allowing me rest and reflection. I pray that it points my life and thought to you. Be my strength and refuge today.

Lord, you are the author of every good and perfect gift: Send down upon our leaders, the RevGals and other clergy, and to the congregations committed to their charge your holy grace; and, that they may truly please you, pour upon them the continual dew of your blessing. Grant this, O Lord, for the honor of our Advocate and Mediator, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: